WANT ANSWERS NOW? GIVE US A CALL: (208) 426-5921
Online AccountancyInterested in learning more?
About the Online Master of Accountancy
ONLINE ACCOUNTING MASTER’S OVERVIEW
Earning your Master of Science in Accountancy (MSA) prepares you to take advantage of significant growth in the accounting job market. The US Department of Labor predicts that 142,400 new jobs will be added in the accounting and auditing sector by 2024–that’s 11% growth in the field, which is more growth than average, and great news for those looking to advance their accounting careers!
Boise State’s Online MSA has rigorous curriculum focused on advanced accounting skills. When you finish the degree you’ll have the tools for success on the CPA exam, as well as the knowledge to thrive in the growing accountancy field. The Online MSA can be completed in as few as 22 months, and you’ll receive the same world-class instruction and relevant coursework as in-person students, but with the convenience and flexibility of online classes.
ONLINE ACCOUNTING MASTER’S HIGHLIGHTS
- 100% online coursework
- AACSB accredited business and accountancy programs (fewer than 1.1% of schools worldwide earn both accreditations)
- $450 per credit with no extra out-of-state fees
- Faculty with years of experience in the accountancy field
- Part-time schedule to fit your busy life
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university in the United States. Prerequisites include at least 18 semester credits in upper-division accounting topics and at least 15 semester credits in other business topics. See details regarding the accounting and business courses required.
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA ≥ 3.0 (4.0 scale)
- GMAT exam score ≥ 500 OR GRE exam score of at least 152 for both verbal reasoning and quantitative reasoning sections
FAST TRACK Admission
Do you qualify to have the required GMAT/GRE score waived? Contact us
to find out!
Application Deadlines by Semester
Admission is offered each fall, spring and summer semester. Space is limited, so early application is recommended. Admission decisions are made on a rolling basis. The priority deadlines to submit materials are:
Semester Application Deadline Courses Begin Fall July 15 Late August Spring Nov 1 Early January Summer April 1 Early May
This program is offered 100% online with no in-person requirements. Classes run year-round in 16 week semesters (summer courses are 7 weeks long). Review the Boise State Academic Calendar for semester start dates and deadlines.
Investing in your master’s degree is a smart decision. The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects an 11% growth rate in accounting and auditing jobs by 2024. With your MSA, you’ll be poised to join the workforce and take advantage of the favorable job market.
- $450 per credit
- No out-of-state fees
- Total program cost: $15,400
Total Program Investment
Description Cost Approximate Total Investment $15,400 Boise State Graduate Admissions Application Fee (non-refundable) $65 Courses (30 total credits @ $450 per credit*) $13,500 Books (estimate) $1,810 Graduation Application Fee $25
*Fees may adjust slightly on an annual basis.
The Online Accountancy program curriculum includes ten advanced courses in various advanced accounting topics. These courses will prepare you to advance your career, and you’ll be prepped for success on the CPA exam.
- Complete the degree in as few as 22 months while taking courses part-time
- Classes are offered year-round
- 100% online with no requirements to visit campus
- 30 credits to earn your degree
- Ask us about the optional internship, to substitute for one 3-credit class
We’re AACSB Accredited and an FSA Member
- We offer a premier program and outstanding faculty
- Our program meets current global, regulatory and tech requirements
- Both our accountancy and business programs are AACSB accredited–a distinction earned by less than 1.1% of business schools worldwide
ACCOUNTANCY OCCUPATION OUTLOOK*
- POSSIBLE CAREERS
- Tax Manager
- Financial Analyst
PROJECTED NEW JOBS
142,400 new jobs or 11% growth in the field from 2014-2024
$68,150 annually or $32.76 hourly
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor data accessed July 2017
Fall Semester: July 15
Spring Semester: November 1
Summer Semester: April 1
Let our Student Success Coaches help!