WANT ANSWERS NOW? GIVE US A CALL: (208) 426-5921
Online MDSInterested in learning more?
About the Online Bachelor of Arts in Multidisciplinary Studies (MDS)
ONLINE MDS DEGREE OVERVIEW
Open new doors in your career by completing your bachelor’s degree! The US Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that college graduates make an average of $24,128 more per year than those with only a high school diploma. Unlock your earning potential now. Completing your bachelor’s degree has never been simpler.
Boise State’s Online Bachelor of Arts in Multidisciplinary Studies (MDS) degree is designed for working adults like you–it includes customizable course options to fit your career objectives, low per-credit tuition, and accelerated degree completion by applying your previous college credits. Our student success and advising team is here to support you from application to graduation. Don’t wait–get started today.
ONLINE MDS DEGREE HIGHLIGHTS
- 100% online coursework
- $340 per credit with no extra out-of-state fees
- Supportive environment with one-on-one advising and success coaching
- Full-time or part-time options to fit your busy life
“There was no lack of support…I am extremely pleased with my first foray back at school after a 20 year gap.” – Boise State MDS Student
The Online Bachelor of Arts in Multidisciplinary Studies (MDS) requires that you have work and life experience outside of school. We know you have a busy life. Our flexible, affordable MDS bachelor’s degree completion program is designed to fit your life and help you finish your degree faster.
To qualify for this program you must have:
- At least 58 credits from a regionally accredited institution*
- A minimum 2.25 cumulative GPA in previous college courses
- Significant work/life experience other than being a student (work experience, parenting, volunteering, military, etc.).
*Students who do not meet the credits required should explore our Online Degree Pathway or contact a Student Success Coach for more information.
Application Deadlines by Semester
Admission is offered each fall, spring, and summer semester. The deadlines to submit materials are:
Semester Application Deadline Courses Begin Spring December 15* Early January Summer April 1* Early May Fall July 15* Late August *Students interested in financial aid are encouraged to apply 1 month prior to these posted deadlines.
“The flexibility of time scheduling is fantastic. I have a chaotic and unpredictable work schedule so for me it’s the only way to go.” – Boise State MDS Student
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics the average annual salary for a college graduate is $24,128 more than the average annual salary of high school graduates. Completing your bachelor’s degree will expand your career options and increase your earning potential. And Boise State’s Online MDS degree is tailored for working adults like you.
- $340 per credit
- No out-of-state fees
- Total program cost: $11,470
Total Program Investment
Description Cost Boise State Undergraduate Admissions Application Fee (non-refundable) $50 Courses (30 total credits @ $340 per credit*) $10,200 Books (estimate) $1,200 Graduation Application Fee $20 Approximate Total Investment $11,470 Other potential expenses may include a personal computer, webcam, headphones with mic, and internet access which are all required for this program. Varies
*Fees may adjust slightly on an annual basis.
“I work full-time and am unable to get away during the day to take classes on campus. Online courses allow me to attend school from anywhere.” – Boise State MDS Student
The Bachelor of Arts in Multidisciplinary Studies (MDS) is your customizable path to a bachelor’s degree. You’ll work with your advisor to create a personalized degree plan that aligns with your career and life goals. The MDS degree includes 30 upper-division credits in relevant topics like leadership, communication, innovation, and business foundations. Students who meet all other undergraduate degree requirements through transfer credit may finish the Online MDS in as little as two semesters.
- Choose between full- or part-time options
- Year-round course offerings mean you finish your degree faster
- Taught by the same world-class faculty as in-person classes
- 100% online with no requirements to visit campus and no synchronous class times
- Learn skills you can use in your work right now
“I enjoyed the research (I don’t normally enjoy research). But because it was focused on my career and goals, it was relevant to me, and I actually got something from it.” – Boise State MDS Student
WE’RE REGIONALLY ACCREDITED
Boise State is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).
Why accreditation matters to you:
- You can trust your degree is part of a quality program undergoing continuous improvement.
- Institutions must be accredited by a federally recognized accrediting agency to qualify for participation in federal financial aid programs.
- Often employers require accreditation for company-sponsored tuition reimbursement.
- Regionally accredited institutions typically accept credits from other regionally accredited institutions.
- Licensing boards in many fields require degrees from accredited programs to sit for licensing exams.
WE’RE A CARNEGIE RESEARCH INSTITUTION
In 2016 Boise State was classified as a doctoral research institution by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education.
What does that mean?
- The Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education is the nation’s premier college classification system.
- The designation reflects Boise State’s trajectory in building the research and academic programs that the economies in Boise and Idaho demand.
- Boise State and only two other universities have ranked nationally among the top 5 percent for growth in enrollment in graduate programs in each of the past two decades.
BACHELOR’S OCCUPATION OUTLOOK*
Average annual salaries for:
- High school graduates: $35,984
- Associate degree holders: $42,588
- Bachelor’s degree holders: $60,112
*US Bureau of Labor Statistics data accessed August 2017
Fall Semester: July 15
Spring Semester: December 15
Summer Semester: April 1
Let our Student Success Coaches help!